Friday, March 28, 2008

Holi celebrations 2008

Holi, a festival of colour, always had a special place in my heart. I loved the festival since childhood, and made sure I never missed a single Holi. I have so many remembrances associated with it.

As a kid my only aim was to put colors on a clean person and make him/her part of us. When I grew up as teenager, saw there were other attributes attached to it as well. I remember guys used to plan how they would smear color on the girl they like, as girls used to plan how to get away without color smeared on their face. People used to eagerly wait for Holi so that they can come closer to his/her beloved and have prank filled fun time. Even those who didn’t have crush on anyone played and enjoyed Holi with friends.

As adults we became a bit more cautious about Holi and along with the above excuses came more seriousness associated along with it. We stopped forcing someone from applying colors and didn’t do those children like acts. However, we still loved the festival. And then came the days where we stopped actively participating in the festivities and became silent lover.



This time was I think after long 3-4 years I played Holi. Though this was nowhere close to the old festivities, I enjoyed my active participation. It was such a refreshing and lovely feeling. I felt I was in back in my childhood. It was a great feeling playing with colors.

I hope every year I am able to celebrate the festivities in much better way.

No comments: